3 - Bike Rack Review

 Hollywood Racks F1B The Original 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Hollywood Racks F1B The Original 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
I got this because my 13-years-old son bikes a lot and sometimes I have to pick him and his bike up from wherever or whenever he gets stuck.(bad weather, after dark from his friend's house,etc) I used to simply loaded his bike in cargo area of my minivan. But after switching to Corolla, I needed a different way to transport the bike. So I did some research and came across with this rack. After reading positive reviews I've decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did.
Very first time I used it I had to ask my mechanically competent daughter to help me out since I'm a total klutz. But after that I just attach/detach it to and from my car without any problem.( Bottom latches are bit trickier for me but it's not that a big deal-- remember, I'm a total klutz--probably other people won't find it difficult) One person can load a bike on the wrack(I can do it if I have to.) but since the bike needs to be lifted up off the ground( and since I'm short, 5'1"), I ask my son to lift it up and I maneuver it into place.
The straps that latches are attached are very long and they fliped and flapped all over the place when I drove. So I folded and tied the extra into a knot and it worked. Adjusting length of straps when attaching the wrack to my car is easy once you get used to it.I've used it 10+ times so far and has not left marks on my car. It works for my husband's Saturn, too. You might want to keep a flashlight in your car in case you have to set this up in dark. I once threw this in my car instead of attaching to it before I left to pick up my son after dark. although tail light would have been suffice to help me see what I was doing but having flashlight really made the job easier.
My husband who teaches technology education at local middle school likes this product, too. He says it's very well designed. He likes simple but effective stuff rather than fancy and complicated gadgets.

0 comments: