Victory Road Bike Review

 Victory Vision Men's Road Bike
Victory Vision Men's Road Bike
Ok, to be honest, I have not yet ridden the bike, the 4 stars are for my impressions so far. I know that there are a lot more bike brands out there than there are bike makers, and most use the same components anyway. I wasn't expecting a top of the line bike here, just something to ride to store and take some mid-distance rides on the bike trails. I was actually impressed when I unpacked it, everything looks great. Good paint job, the logos aren't just stickers on top like a lot of inexpensive, (and some fairly expensive), bikes. The components are all very good quality, Shimano shifters, very good derailleurs, good brakes, excellent tape job on the handlebars. The frame is solid, good welds, beefy and still light enough to carry easily with one hand. I finished assembling it, and making all the adjustments. I'm not an expert here, but I am pretty handy in general, plus I have owned, assembled, refurbished and maintained bikes before. The assembly was a breeze, everything fit like it should, no problems at all. Getting the brakes, etc. adjusted correctly, well, I wouldn't want to do it without any experience, and the manual included wouldn't be much help to a newbie. I aired up one tire, then started the second, got to 40 pounds, and it blew. I took it off the rim to patch the tube and saw that the rim strip didn't cover all the spoke holes. Well, this isn't cool, and I'd be worried about the quality of the bike in general, but I called the number for product support, and had a very nice conversation, they laughed when I told them the problem, apparently it was a new one for them. Before I got around to asking what they'd do to fix the problem, they asked for my address so they can ship two new tubes and two sets of rim strips. I know anyone can make a bad product, and there will always be some lemons, but to me the difference is the support. I feel confident riding this bike knowing that the company offers such fantastic support.- By. D. Chorkhill-

0 comments: